Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year, New Me

I'm not a big fan of resolutions. These past few years have been sorta, well, blah. Nothing to write home about, nothing fantastic. I've felt like I've just been marking time. Antidepressants do that too you. You just feel mellow and unmotivated, that's how I feel all the damn time. This year I want to feel different. I need to make some changes, nothing big from your vantage point, but big for me. I'm tired of the blahs and tired of marking time. So for the first time in years, I'm making some New Year's Resolutions!

1.)Make my health a priority!

I've been unhealthy most of my life, except for those few years in my 20's when I was practically bulemic. Don't ask. I'm joining Weight Watchers and going to get down to an acceptable weight. There's no magic number, I'm just going to loose till I'm comfy. I could take the easy way out and go for gastric bypass, I've done the research, but I'm not willing to take the risks when I know I can loose the fat by eating right, exercising and sticking with a life transforming program. For those of you that don't know, I have some serious, uh, plumbing issues with my stomach. I need to consult a doctor that will find a livable solution for me. I've lost faith in the one I've been seeing for years. I have an appointment with a new one in a few weeks.

2.)Scrapbook more.

I have this amazing office and the only time I use it is when I'm on a deadline to get a project done or need to make a card for someone. I'm used to going with the girls to crops at our favorite scrapbook store and working on my pages there. I need to spend some time everyday doing the hobby I love. I've joined a challenge at 2Peas that April started last January and has continued this year. Hopefully it'll give me the motivation to catch up on my pictures I've got printed and do that album all about me that I've been meaning to do for years. I'll try and post as many as I can here so ya'll can see what I've been up to.

3.)Meet a few bloggers.

I'm wanting to go to Tyler to meet April, Austin to see the Trashman up close and personal and even pinch him to see if he's real, Zelda and Jethro because, well because, she's got big hooters and I loves me some ladies with big boobies AND who are republicans! Those are just the Texas crew, I'd like to make it to Cali to meet Jeanette, seriously Golden Gate and Jeanette would make me happy if I died tomorrow. West Virginia to meet the Peachy one because I need to thank her in person for the beautiful rosary that she made me and Ali, I need to get to Atlanta before you move!! You can't move till I come see you and Mike, m'kay? Who knows, maybe even Seven can swing by this year as he cris-crosses the nation. No doubt I'll continue to hang with Brighton et. al and maybe even get up north to see Jack again. I'm keeping the schedule open for travel this year. Impromptu road trips might abound.

4.)Continue to cultivate friendships.

I need to work on getting birthday and anniversary cards to friends. I've seriously slacked off the last few years. My new Palm will hopefully help me remember. I've got a few old college buddies that I would like to catch up with, I haven't seen most of them since my wedding 11 years ago and that's shameful. There are a couple of girls I went to high school with that I would like to check in on. I know where they are, I just need to contact them. I'm still going to work on making new friends and doing my best the be a good friend to the ones that I have.

5.)Use my camera and photo editing programs more.

I have a great digital camera and every kind of cheap to expensive photo editing software known to mankind and yet, I use neither to it's full advantage. I tend to shoot in auto mode and not use the other settings. I'm going to work on learning the features of my camera in order to get better pictures. I also tend to dump my photos from my camera onto my computer then upload them for printing. I don't do any color correction, changing to black and white or other options you can do with photo editing software. Again, it's the laziness factor. I'll be more motivated to scrap if I don't struggle with crappy pictures.

6.)Read something other than a scrapbook magazine.

I need to read more books. I tend to stick with magazines because they aren't time consuming. I like the sense of accomplishment of finishing a magazine in one sitting. I'm wanting to read some good books this year. If you have suggestions let me know, I'm all ears, no sci-fi or Oprah selections please.

7.)Keep the faith.

I guess my one accomplishment for 2005 was getting more involved in my church. I'm teaching RCIA to adults who desire to come into full union with the Catholic church and I've become a eucharistic minister who delivers communion at mass and to those that can't come to mass. Both are really rewarding. After Easter, once RCIA is over, I think I'm going to join one of the many bible study groups. At home I've go some much going on that I don't or forget to pray and thank God for his many blessings. That really, really needs to change.


8.)See the glass half full.

I'm way too negative. I need to start seeing the upside of situations. It's so difficult when you grew up with a totally negative parent. They almost teach you negativity. It's hard to explain, but anyway, this year I'm really going to work on seeing the upside of things and eliminate as much negativity from my life as possible. I have so much to be happy and grateful about but lately I'm caught in the trap of what I don't have. It's a downer.

I think those are the big things I'm going to work on. Once a month, usually at the beginning of the month, I'm going to do a little check up post so ya'll know how I'm doing. I'm serious about committing myself to change this year and if you feel so inclined you can cheer me on, I'd appreciate that a bunch.

8 Comments:

Blogger Zelda said...

Later this month is looking good for Jethro and me. We are in cahoots with Trashman to meet him (and maybe even the elusive Jack!) in Austin. Jethro has to get a few things in order and then we can firm up a date. And as soon as we do I'll let you know (and Brighton and Tinyhands). It could be very interesting.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are fabulous goals, my dear. hope you get them all accomplished! :)

6:32 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Oh yes, yes let me know! I'd love to make it a blogger orgy! Wait, that didn't sound right.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

April-let's keep the ol fingers crossed.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Traci Dolan said...

*POUT* I wanna go to a tent revival with all of yas!! I'd love to meet you Kristin and see some of your beautiful scrapbooking. Great resolutions by the way. May I also recommend Curves? I've lost 3 1/2 pounds and a total of 3 3/4 inches and that was with Christmas and only going an average of 2 times a week. Its highly recommendable!!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I've thought about Curves. We've got a couple of studios close too. Would I be considered weird if I told you I hate the feeling of sweat dripping down my neck? Seriously, it icks me out!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Allie said...

you know i just scanned for my name at first before i went thru and read this whole entry right?

i knew you'd understand.

me with the love

6:58 PM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

For books, I highly recommend smut books. They're great for sex ideas. Heh. You know, the "white thighs" and "tools of procreation". What? It's not like there's pictures or anything.

Sorry. You made me all nervous when you said you wanted to meet me. *twitters away*

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home