Tuesday, January 03, 2006

This And That Tuesday

For those of you that didn't know, I got a new PDA for Christmas. As of late it hasn't been called my PDA, it's been called Satan. I've been trying to use the thing for days and it's been acting weird. I thought I didn't have it fully charged, so back on the charger it went. I even went so far as to beg a girlfriend to help me with it, using hers as a demo. No dice, mine was still acting weird and she concurred that mine was "not quite right, like the owner." Check the instruction manual, you say? There ISN'T one! That's right, you heard me, no instruction manual came with the damn thing. Now I recently bought new phones for the homestead and I got an instruction manual with those, but really, how hard are they to use? Push the talk button and dial the number, push the end button when done. But they came with a freakin' instruction manual! Palm, just slightly more complicated, no manual. Bastards, I don't want to save a tree, I want to sit in bed and fiddle with my gadget and not have to be tethered to my computer via Palm.com's troubleshooting site.

I fancy myself somewhat tech savvy. I muddle through quite well, thank you very much. Last night, I gave in and went looking for a tech support number, to which there was none on their site. I didn't care if they were going to charge me $1934 an hour I needed help! By the way, if you need the number, I have it after I had to hunt high and low on a couple of their sites to find it. They hide that shit! By the time I got to talk with someone I was rather perturbed, no manual, no tech support number, no help from their websites. What kind of customer service is that!?!? "Here buy our product, after that you're on your own." Bull!

To make a long story short they don't publish a manual. That's right, no manual. It's all online or either on the software disk. I voiced my displeasure, over and over. I'm thinking my concerns fell on deaf ears. We had to totally reboot my Palm along with reinstalling all the software to my computer. Yep, something was definitely amiss and I'm NOT the stupidest human on the planet. Yay me!! Satan, is working fine now and his new name is Mo, as in Mo work than it's worth!

Now it's time to input all my data. Folks, do you realize how many dates, birthdays, anniversaries addresses, phone numbers, web addressed etc. etc. I have? TONS and it's going to take me the rest of 2006 to get them entered.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wooohoooo! glad you got it going! :)

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No thanks! I'll stick to my steno pad, thank you very much! I'm glad you got it working!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

ohhh, you're supposed to be able to upload that contact/birthday/ice cream preference crap from your computer. usually, their 800 number is the only "contact" in the thing. but if it's not working then i guess that'd be kind of hard to find, eh?

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home