Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Evil Cake

All of my girlfriends and I got together last night for a pre-birthday dinner, cake included. Yes I'm milking my birthday week, so what. It'd been since August that I was able to get together with all of my best girlfriends (at the same place and time). We had the best time! Pictures forthcoming, I promise.

My friend Yvette is the baker from hell. If you need a 6 ft. long cake in the shape of a snake for a Fear Factor birthday, she can do it. I've seen it, it can be done and delivered in one piece. Bottom line, she rocks as a baker! Last night, she made me the most heavenly, divine, borderline orgasmic carrot cake with orange cream cheese icing that was so good it'd make you wanna slap your granny. People, I'm not a sweets person. I'll pass up candy for a tortilla, I'm all about the carbs! So, for me to rave about this cake, yeah, it was awesome. I had a few forkfuls for breakfast. That divine.

I haven't updated you on my weight loss progress in a while, so here goes. As of last night I've lost a few tenths shy of 74 lbs and I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. That's almost 30% of my original weight! Give or take, I'm half way to my goal. I haven't set a hard and fast number yet. What the charts say for my height seems very skinny to me and I'm not sure if I can pull it off with my larger bone structure. I don't want to look emaciated. So, I'm back and forth on my goal weight. Right now I'm looking at and happy with what I have done. I have literally nothing in my closet that fits. Luckily a nice girl at my Weight Watchers meeting had mercy on me and gave me some beautiful hand-me-downs that fit perfect. I paid it forward and gave some of my clothes away that were too large for me and just sitting in my closet. I'm taking all of my nice and expensive suits to the women's shelter. I know those ladies need clothes for job interviews and court so I know those items will go to good use.

When I started my new job I'd lost around 40lbs. One of my female coworkers noticed the other day that I'd lost some more weight and she asked me what I'd been doing. I told her, "I quit putting shit in my mouth." We both laughed and then I told her, "Really, Weight Watchers and it's such a do-able program." I think I talked her into joining.

I'm starting to run into people that I see only every once in a while. They tell me I look fantastic but don't mention the weight loss specifically. I'm starting to wonder if they think I've had gastric bypass or I have some deadly illness. I really want to tell them, "No, no magic pill, no surgery and I'm not sick, I'm just eating right and getting in lots of activity." With gastric bypass being so hip to do these days I really want people to know I'm doing it the ol' fashioned way, with hard work, portion control, lots of healthy food and exercise. I know that's weird, but for some reason I feel, for me, gastric bypass is a cop out. I know for some, it's the only solution but I know many people that did it because they were lazy and wanted a fast solution. No thanks, God put my plumbing in a certain way and it's staying like that, I'm just going to quit putting shit in my mouth.

9 Comments:

Blogger Brighton said...

I'm so proud of you for sticking with it! I'm sure you look beautiful like always : )

1:42 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

CONGRATS on the weight loss, you're doing great!! I'm a bit offended that I didn't get to try out some of that orgasmic carrot cake for myself! ;-)

2:19 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

B-Awwwwww, thanks.

Jana-Oh honey! Come OVER, it's mocking me in my refrigerator as we speak!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Zelda said...

I'm so impressed. I can't wait to see you.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Zelda-What date will you be here? I forgot.

12:57 AM  
Blogger Zelda said...

I don't know yet. I have to prod Jethro into making the plans still. But we are coming.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Zelda-GREAT!! Just let me know we'll make plans!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME!! You rock Kristin! I'm so proud of you. You definitely have sticktoitiveness!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Nanner-Thank you, I'm quite determined.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home