Tuesday, January 31, 2006

MORE Resolutions!

I told ya'll this was the year of change! I've been MIA recently, but did I tell you I've been working HARD on myself? Yay me!

Ok, I had my CT scan last Friday, with out going into the horrid details let me just say it went. I'll know the results some time this week, hopefully.

As far as the other resolution to eat healthy. I am. I'm eating healthy snacks, because I'm all about snacking and with my condition, I can't sit down and gorge myself or I'll spew like a new lawn sprinkler. So I snack, sometimes 5-6 times a day. I've been trying some of the Weight Watchers, Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisine dinners out there. Some are good and some are yuck, and when I say yuck, I mean why can't they all not taste like card board? Who likes wood by products in their diet? This coming from a not so picky eater. A lot of them have tomato sauce and that's a no no, so I'm really having to pick and choose carefully. As far as the pain is concerned, I've only had a couple of attacks. People, this is HUGE! I can function and eat without pain that sends me sprinting to the bathroom to throw up. That's really a bad idea when sans bolder holder, if you know what I mean. To be pain free is HUGE. Weight Watchers meetings are coming.

Remember resolution #5, use photo editing programs more? I did it! I have no less than $700 in photo editing software that are rarely used. The learning curve for Photoshop is so steep, I gave up before I snatched myself bald. Photoshop Elements isn't as easy as I thought it would be and it's very similar to Photoshop, obviously. I just don't like the formats of them. Combine those with my camera's software, 2 printers and a scanner's software and I can edit my photos till I'm blue in the face. However, none worked for me. They weren't user friendly enough.

When all hope was lost I got a recommendation to try Picasa. Made by Google (God I love those brilliant people) and.....and it's FREE. That's right try it for FREE! Oh, yeah, I'm all over that. So I downloaded it and for 2 nights I sat at my computer and played with my pictures till my heart was full and happy. It's by far the easiest program in the history of photo editing programs to use! Idiots can use this program. Uh, hello, I did.

You want to crop a photo? No problem they have manual, 4x6, 5x7 and 8x10 modes. One click, done. You want to change the color of your photo? Black and white, sepia or any variation there of, click, done. You can add text to your pictures with only a few steps and change the color, contrast and brightness with only one click. Click, click, click, done. For those that want all of those settings manually, no problem, you can do that too! Click, done.

I must have gone through 30 of my best photos and tweaked them. It was so much fun and I was so pleased with the results. So pleased in fact, I'm going to submit one of my scrapbook pages to Better Homes and Gardens Scrapbooks Etc. page call for everyday pages. It's due the 9th but I'll probably get it sent in tomorrow. That ONE photo inspired me so much that I made a great page I love and I want to submit! I'm so happy about that.

So even though I've been gone I've been busy. I promise to update more, honest.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jammie J. said...

i love those google folks too. they rock.

ummm, picasa? i've not heard or tried that program. will likely rectify that situation within the next couple of days. right now i ping pong between irfanview and fireworks for photo editing needs. i really like irfanview for a simple quick color fix. hrm.

yay you!

12:29 AM  
Blogger Brighton said...

Photobucket is good too, and free!
Glad to see you back : )

11:58 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Jeanette-If that works for you, stick with it. Some folks need options, ya know?

Brighton-I'm about ready to get PB the boot. I keep getting messages from them about me exceeding my bandwidth. Um, hello, that's not ME. Who's stealing my damn bandwidth?!?!

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi buddy! So good to read about your WW initiative. You can do it! I remember that you said you were unhappy with your pictures so I am pleased that you have found a solution! miss you!

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home