Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Feel The Burn

I hurt. Not because my stomach is in revolt, I hurt because I've been on my hands and knees all day cleaning. More importantly, I've been cleaning my pantry. Pantry, you say? Yep. It's been 5 years since it got a good cleaning. Everything coming off the shelves, cleaning the shelving and surrounding walls and baseboards. My washer and dryer are also in there so things get really dusty and gross. I was in the mood to clean today, so cleaned I did and now my pantry is sparkling.

I'm also in the mood to decorate my pantry. Decorate, you say? Yep. I want to paint and put up a couple of things on the walls and maybe get some neato baskets to stash things. Here's the problem. I have this overwhelming urge to paint the damn thing pink and green. Problem being, it's right off of my eat-in kitchen and my kitchen is red, white and blue. Not so swell in the blending department. So I'm saving my pink and green color scheme for another room, possibly a bathroom or maybe the master bedroom. Seriously, I'm going to totally "Lilly Pulitzer" up the joint and Roman, well, as long as he's got clean underwear and food, he's good with whatever I do with the rest of the house.

Here's where you come in, my loyal friends. I need suggestions. Suggestions for pantry wall color, accents and ways to hold various and sundry things. The walls in my kitchen are fire engine red with blue and white accents. Ready, set, GO!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are asking the wrong person! I say "keep it white"! I know, that is not what you wanted to hear!

Are we having lunch tomorrow?

7:14 PM  
Blogger Traci Dolan said...

I'm the red-headed stepchild of decorating honey!! Since its a smaller area, keep the walls white and use red/blue accents... there, it matches but its not the same. Ta da!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

C-More-You've been voted off the blog. Good bye. NO WHITE!

Inanna-What is it with you people and white walls. White is boring!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go to B&N and grab a pile of home themed magazines, something yummy to sip, and plop down in a chair until you're full of inspiration! :)

4:25 PM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

Personally, I like purple. :P

5:46 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

April-Ohhhhhh good idea! I saw one on organizing the other day.

Jeanette-And yet, I don't. Go figure.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home