Thursday, February 09, 2006

I Got Your Number, Sister!!

Remember me telling ya'll about my ex best friend Lori that I hadn't heard from in 5 years and all of a sudden emailed me in December? Yeah you do, go re-read the post. Anyway, she told me that she'd gotten married and was now pregnant. Yeah, wow, good for you. *yawn* That was your entire goal in life, remember? No shocker there.

Since her emails, I've been wondering, why now, why contact me now? I now know. I got an invitation to her baby shower. Oh please, for the love of GOD and hot frito pie don't insult my intelligence and strike up a conversation with me out of the damn blue and then drop the invitation bomb. I was on to her, way on to her. I knew something was up. At any rate, I RSVP'd that I'd be there. I'm curious to see what she looks like and meet up with some of the girls I used to work with. I have ZERO desire to rekindle a friendship with her after all these years and hard feelings. I forgive, I just don't forget.

Why would I want to add her into an already perfect mix of friends. I love my girl friends and I would hope they love me. They're always there for me when I need them and we never question motives. We're just like that.

This past weekend I got together with a few friends to scrapbook. Everyone had left but Yvette. She and I were talking about my old career and I was lamenting about how Dawn and I started at the same time and she's gone gangbusters where I, a once work-a-holic, was now not so gung ho. A dead screeching halt to be exact. I started to get upset and really beat myself up over the situation and Yvette had some great words of wisdom for me and made me feel instantly better. How much do I love her?!?!? TONS! She is such a calming presence in my life. She knows just what to say and not in a patronizing way either. She just knows. I can't explain it.

Sunday after church, we stopped by Denise's house to show her and her husband the new truck. We talked for a bit and caught up about what was going on in our lives, I'd only talked to her once last week. Later, when we got home I checked my email and there was one in there from Denise. She wanted to compliment me on how great my hair and make up looked and tell me how happy she was about Roman's new truck. Out of the blue she sent me this email, just to give me a compliment. Denise is super busy with a career, 2 girls and a husband and his business and she took the time out of her busy day to compliment me. How much do I love her?!?!? TONS! She's super thoughtful and always calling to check up on me and see how I am. She does this, just because. Just because she knows how to be a great friend.

So Lori hasn't changed, no biggie. I got an email from her this morning. She started in with how hectic her work is and talking about her shower this weekend. Never once did she mention how my CT went or if I got the results. No surprise there. She hasn't changed, but I have and things aren't the same for us. I just hope she can find girlfriends that are half as good as mine. Right now, I'm feeling pretty blessed.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are blessed to have Yvette and Denise in our lives. And I am blessed to have you in my life. You always bring a smile to my face and I love spending time with you. Your friendship has touched my heart.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i heart you!!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

C-More-How lucky are we to have each other. Blessed indeed.

April-I *heart* you too, sweet pea!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Allie said...

girlfriends ( however they come to you ) are one of the "proofs" that God exists.

i love all my girls, and that includes you too miss girl.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Allie-Ditto sistah!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

you gotta have good friends when you have to stuff things through your intestines for medical purposes. how else would you keep your sanity through that?

9:12 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

update, update, update..... momma need more! :)

6:15 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

J-Valium and lots of antidepressants?

Allie-Bug-It's cooking, I promise.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home