Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Yay Us!!



Here's the layout that I submitted to Better Homes and Gardens, Scrapbooks ETC. magazine for their "everyday pages" call. I'm not sure when they'll start calls but if I get a call to be published, I'll be very happy. If I don't, I'm not going to sweat it. I stuck my neck and work out there for publication. If I get picked up, great, if I don't oh well, better luck next time. I love this picture of Stanley and Millie, it was one that I tweeked in Picasa.

It was a whirl wind of activity around here this weekend. I had no less than 4 appointments scheduled Friday and Roman decided to stay home and give his pickup, Bob, a minor tune up. It's been running really bad lately and needed some attention.

While I was getting a pedicure on Friday I got a call from my GI doctor. NO CANCER from the CT results, however he wants to take a closer look at my small bowel. I foresee more banana flavored barium in my future. I'm waiting on a call back from the doctor's scheduling person. Tick, tock. I'm just relieved about the whole cancer thing. Now I need to Google small bowel and see what that's all about.

I came home from all of my appointments to the sad news that Roman's truck was dead. I mean shoot it in the grill at 75 paces, dead. Poor Bob. He's a '72 Ford and seen its better day but Roman views vehicles as a means to get from point A to point B and make a paycheck. He has a dirty job and doesn't feel the need to "style" to work in a $50,000 decked out pickup. We talked about our options Friday night and decided that he'd over haul his engine for $1500. I mean this truck has 300,000 miles on it and is already on engine #2 so what's a third one, right?

Saturday I had some girl friends coming to the house to scrapbook and learn to stamp. It was so nice to see Lynn again. We used to work together and I hadn't seen her in 5 years. We laughed, caught up and laughed a lot more. That was too much estrogen for Roman so he made himself scarce and went "truck looking".

That was the beginning of the end. 3 hours later he brought home a burgundy 2003 Dodge quad cab SLT for me to look at. It was super duper clean and only had 30,000 miles on it! It was one of those deals where an older couple had it, kept it in the garage and only drove it a bit, but regardless of age turned it in every couple of years on a new one. AND, it was within our price range and was certified and had an extended warranty. I drove it and I liked it and gave him the ok to buy. Yep, we bought a new truck this weekend! This is HUGE. Roman rarely buys anything nice for himself, except hunting stuff. He's on cloud 9 and has yet to land. You want to know the best part? He let me drive it to work yesterday. Love that man!! He's got it today and "stylin'" to work. I'm proud and happy for him. He's washed it twice since Saturday. Um, hello, you'll wash the paint off before we make the first payment! ;)

So we're happy as clams around here folks. Things are good, I'm feeling better, Roman's got a new ride and all is right with the world, till I need to guzzle barium again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brighton said...

How exciting! Does that mean that the new truck will be making an appearance at Houston Blogmeet 2006?

1:55 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Yes it does and that also means we'll have more room to shuttle people around and we like that!!

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new truck is very exciting. The cancer news is good news too. I'm glad things are looking up. I miss you! When am I going to see you again?

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sooooooo glad there was no cancer! let me know how the small bowel thing goes...well, you know, just not how it works! ;) love ya!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

C-more-Soon, very very soon.

April-Love you too!

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home