Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Mind Musings


Ok, I know ya'll want an update on how the shower went. It went. Lori was happy to see me, I think, but it was really great to see Kim and Laura again. The party was at Laura's house and she definitely knows how to throw a nice baby shower. We talked, ate and played stupid games. All in all it was only a 6 on the uncomfortable scale. When I left, Lori hugged me and with a sniff and a tear she said she missed me. Oy! What am I suppose to do with THAT!?!? So, I'm feeling a letter to her coming on. You know, just letting her know that my life is really good right now and I'm really not wanting to upset that balance. Too many things have been said and done, blah, blah, you get the picture.

Ok, on to Valentine's Day. I got my favorite flowers and a beautiful card. Oh, and because he knows I'm trying to watch what I eat, a teenie tiny box of Russell Stover's chocolates. Love that man more than words can say. The dogs each got a new stuffed toy. Millie a piggy with hearts on it's bottom and Stanley a purple elephant. They're toy basket overflowith. Roman had to bowl last night so we did the dinner thing over the weekend. Besides, I absolutely loathe having to wait for a table more than 30 minutes. We always do the Valentine's thing early, just to beat the crowds, we're practical like that. It's HOW you spend the time together that matters not on what day, right? Well, that's how I see it anyway.

I submitted 3 more pages for a pet pages call. I did the one you see up top this weekend and yes, it got submitted. Feels good to be trying. My hopes are up but I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

I start Weight Watchers tonight at 7. I'm nervous. I know it's going to be a lot of hard work and I'm not so good about planning my menus. Let's hope the Points plan is a little bit easier to follow than their old plan. I did well on the old one but it was such a hassle to plan meals out. I know, if you plan what you eat, there'll be less chance of eating off plan and falling off the wagon. But still, it was a PITA and I got stuck in a rut of eating the same thing over and over because I was tired of planning so I would just eat the same menu and that got boring fast. That part sucked and that's why I quit. Lets hope the Points thing is more user friendly.

I'm in a work funk, but that's a whole other post. So, I'll save that for next time. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and if I haven't told you lately, thank you for reading and giving me feedback. I so love getting comments!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog. When I can not talk to you during the day it is nice to read your blog at night. Hope the WW meeting was motivating. Miss you!

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute page!!! :) we SO have to get together some weekend just to scrap.

hear ya on the VDay crowds. HATE that. You would think as many people in the world that hate the crowds that there just wouldnt be any, right? We're Sunday before or after kinda Valentine people! ;)

4:47 AM  
Blogger Allie said...

i'm proud of you for the WW stuff. I think you'll like the points program.

i liked it - but it seems i like large amounts of brownies and ice cream more.

and i wonder why i'm the size of a 3 story townhouse.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

C-more-I liked WW. It wasn't as painful as I expected.

April-Pick a date and I'm there baby! Have shit, will travel.

Allie-It's the boobs, the boobs always make us look, um, well, GREAT!!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Brighton said...

The pages are beautiful!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

B-Thanks, sorry I missed your call last night.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

Good Valentine's days rock, don't they?

How'd your weight watchers meeting go? My aunt goes to weight watchers and she loves it. She's been going for five years now, well, a really long time. I'm not sure how long.

Do you think your friend will keep contacting you or... I dunno, that's just so sad that she can't see how different your lives have gone. I had someone in my life from church who didn't accept that I was done and wanted distance. It took them a year with no returned calls to finally stop calling. (sigh) But then, I'm a chicken when it comes to stuff like that.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Traci Dolan said...

How did WW go? And I guess you're lying on a table about now with a nasty nightgown that doesn't cover your hoo-ha, waiting for that glow stuff to activate. Techno Kristin!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Jeanette-I haven't heard from Lori since the shower, not shocked about that.

Inanna-Yep my hoo-ha was hanging out and I suggested they invest in a warmed table. That slab was COLD!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home