Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Northbound 35


I swear my ass is applying for residency status on my truck seat. How did I used to spend 2 weeks a month in a vehicle traveling? How? I've gone soft, or rather, my ass has gone soft. Just. can't. do. it. anymore.

My trip to Waco went fantastic! Yet more days of laughing till there were tears and I'm very ok with that. First, my "Donna" class was awesome. Honestly, I didn't learn much I didn't already know but it was so fun to just sit and listen to Donna teach. She's a damn HOOT not to mention cute as a button and down to earth! There was a whole Fiskars drill thing that took on a penis/balls/shaft connotation. If anyone can pull THAT off smack dab in the middle of the bible belt and get uproarious laughter is damn OK in my book. Confession time, I sorta have a girl crush on her after that. At the end of the class I went up to shake her hand and tell her thank you for coming and she said, "What with the hand? Gimme a hug!" This woman meets thousands of women every year and she seems to be at home anywhere AND to offer a hug and a thank you for coming to my class just seals the deal that this woman is a class act. That's her, up there, signing my 3, yes 3 books. Did I forgot get to tell you she's a published author? Yeah, she is, thrice over.

My friend April, whom I took the class with, has her very own stamp company, http://www.maggiemaestamps.com/. April decided that she'd give a little gift of stamps to Donna. Well Donna went nuts over them and told April she'd link her site on her blog. Do ya'll know what that means? Anything that nationally recognized scrapbookers touch turns to instant gold. Seriously. If they mention it, sales skyrocket. It's the weirdest damn phenomenon. Sorta lemming mentality, but hey, that'll work for April and her new stamp company. Donna knows what happens when things are linked on her blog and she's willing to put her name to April's product. That's damn nice and cool of her to do. Lets just say I think Donna Downey rocks.

I found someone who's more directionally challenged than I am. Just to let you know, I can fuck up Mapquest directions. I did it in Waco and ended up on the bail bonds, liquor stores and lounges side of town. I can get lost in a paper bag, I tell you! I wasn't equipped with a sense of direction upon leaving the womb. I popped out and said, "What light? That intersection? This doesn't look right. Shit, I'm lost, I'm pulling over for directions."After 30 minutes of driving in circles to find the IHOP, then the store to get my truck and 2, count them, 2, trips around the "circle" in Waco we made it back to our hotel room in Temple. Me in the lead, of course. Poor, poor April her gyroscope is jammed. It was like the blind leading the deaf, but damn funny.

When we got back to the room we stayed up looking over our purchases, talking girl talk, discussing MaggieMae and just generally getting to know each other. At 4 am we called it quits and fell asleep. 8 came early and April had to get back to Waco for her class at 10 with Donna. I went south, back home, but with a new friend and lots of laughs and memories.

*An aside, I lost 5.2 lbs. this week. I'm up to 35 lbs. and couldn't be happier with myself.*

6 Comments:

Blogger Jammie J. said...

Cripes, two weekends in a row of fun? That oughtta be illegal. :)

Glad you're doing so well with your weight loss, I'm proud of you too. Just so you know. xox

10:15 PM  
Blogger Zelda said...

Not to mention any names, but when a certain someone, of whom I'm married to, gives directions, I usually take the opposite turn to find that I'm correct. It's funny. It only happens in Houston.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

J-How much do I love you? Thanks *smooch*

Jethro-*coughZeldacough* Pardon me.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Brighton said...

Wonderful trip!
Congrats on the continued weight loss, I knew you could do it!!

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss...I am not moving as quickly as you that is for sure!

I wanted to take those darn classes, but missed them. I am going to sign up for the Ali Edwards classes when she comes to Waco!

Jess

2:01 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

B-Thanks! ;)

Jess-Whoa, whoa, wait. Ali is coming to Waco, I didn't know that. Hit me with the details. I'm curious now.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home