Monday, April 03, 2006

Employment Plague And Such

The and such, first. I know, I know, save it. This place is a wreck and the owner should be shot for desertion. Inch of dust on the header and cob webs everywhere, it's pitiful at best, I know. I hang my blogger head in shame. In my defense, I've been busy. Doing what, you ask? I have no damn idea but I've been busy, so there.

I've decided that I'm going to post a recipe a day just so ya'll don't have to look at the same sad post day in and day out. *I* hate looking at the same shit, so I know ya'll probably do also.

On the Weight Watchers front, I'm .2 shy of 20 lbs. Tomorrow is weigh in and I'm a little nervous. I haven't been working out like I should and I ate out 3 times this week, but tried to make decent food choices. We'll see if I loose tomorrow. I'm wanting to hit my first goal by the end of the month.

Ok, on the employment front, the current gig is played. the. fuck. out. It's time for a change before I kill someone or crawl up in the fetal position, suck my thumb and cry for mercy. I have no less than 20 job applications in. That's a lot! Have I heard squat? Um, no. It's like I have the employment plague and no one wants to hire me. I'd like to say I'm applying in only one narrow field. Not so. I've applied in every field I'm qualified for and yet, nada. I'm starting to take this shit personal. Listen people, if I put on a skirt and come interview with you, it's a huge leap so at least humor me and offer me the damn job.

I talked to my friend Dawn tonight and she could hear the positive attitude in my voice and she mentioned how great I sounded. She's seen me at my worst and yet, still remained my friend, even when I didn't deserve her friendship. She said that there is something out there for me and my attitude will attract the right position. I hope she's right because she made me believe it.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dawn is totally right...you havent been offered a job yet because your perfect fit is still looking for you. Try to enjoy your time as a full time weenie mom because you'll be a working girl before long! :)

10:30 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

April-Send me some good employment mojo in XXL please and thank you.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Brighton said...

Sending some good job juju your way...

2:44 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

B-I'll take it!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

Life is about timing. The timing will happen and when it happens, it'll be so good you'll have to walk around with a depends pad so you don't piss yourself.

Umm, okay. Maybe that's a bit extreme, but you know what I mean.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Dawn's right on. Nature hates a void and therefore always seeks to fill it. Don't rush getting sucked into a job that sucks sweaty boar balls just to have to do this job search thing all over again.

Heck, judging by the date on this post, you may well have found The Job. Either way, I wants me some recipes gosh dern it!! You're about a dozen behind.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Allie said...

i am the queen of the slacker commenters.

you know i love you. and i've decided you need to move to atlanta - or at least come see me.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Traci Dolan said...

Good job mojo coming your way! Good job on the 20lbs... wow!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Brighton said...

You ok?

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home