Monday, February 27, 2006

Wondering........

I'm feeling sort of dejected and not so great right now and no, it's not health related.

I got an email from Lori last week telling me she'd been to the doctor and the bambino is in the chute and ready to roll. So, any time now she might go into labor. I replied that Roman and I'd like to come see the baby. I was planning on making a mini album for her to put on her desk or credenza at work. The reply I got, "Chris and I are going to be too busy and tired to call people and I'm really going to use the time in the hospital to rest up." Alrighty then. Guess we're not going to Austin to see her. Stick a fork in me, I'm done with her. All I wanted to do was share in her joy of having had a baby, but I'm not invited. Whatever.

Saturday night I was with some girlfriends and we were chatting as always, we do that well, you know. I can't remember the topic of conversation but one of my friends said to me, "Kristin, it's not always about you." Uh, ok. Now that's got me wondering, am I self absorbed? DO I indeed make everything about me? I try really hard to think of others, because you know, I didn't learn it as an only child, so as an adult I have to work at it. The past few years I think I've made great strides. Anyway, the comment cut, hard and I was quiet the rest of the night. I just sat there wondering and working on my project.

Last week I interviewed for a job that I'd be good at, not to mention qualified for. I called just now to see if a decision had been made, it had, and I didn't get the job. *sigh*

At 1:45 I have to go to my GI doctor and discuss with him my test results and progress. This should be fun. I'll post more later about my prognosis.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brighton said...

Good gravy, you are one of the least self absorbed people I know. Seriously, would a selfish person have gone to the lengths you did when George and Gracie died??
Come see me instead, we'll drink ritas by the bay : )

3:07 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

B-I knew I could count on you for booze. ;)

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home