Saturday, June 10, 2006

Alligator Mouth

I'm good about listening to my alligator mouth over ride my hummingbird ass. It used to happen a lot. I'm learning, it's been a lot of trial and error and good dopeamine altering drugs, but I'm learning. God bless the drug companies, amen.

As I was saying, about a year ago I made a huge mistake, colossal in fact. I alienated a perfectly decent, honest and nice friend. I said some things that at the time, seemed appropriate, now, not so much. I'll spare you the details, they ain't pretty. I'm such an ass. I feel like an ass, as I rightly should. Yellow isn't my color and here I sit with egg on my face.

I don't know how to fix it and it's going to take more than an I'm sorry. There might be groveling involved and I'm not a good grovel-er besides I have the knees of a Baptist. Ugh, I'm such an idiot. What was I thinking?

9 Comments:

Blogger Brighton said...

I think a lot of us have been in the same position. It's not easy, but the right thing never is : )
Good luck!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

Eh? If she/he is a friend of worth, if you apologize just a beautifically (that is a spin from beautification) as you alieneted him/her, she/he will forgive you, yes? Maybe? and then you can work on building the friendship again?

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are losing sleep over this then it is worth speaking up about it. It will not be as bad as you think. It never is.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

B-Thanks!

J-That sounds simple doesn't it. I'm just not sure an I'm sorry will work.

Cmore-Not losing sleep, just one of those things in my life that I need to clean up. Ya know?

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You? Overloaded your mouth? Nahhhhh! ;)

Just be honest and sincere, sweety. All you can do is try. Be prepared for the fact that the person may not be in a place in their life where they're ready/willing/able to accept your apology, but I think at least trying will make you feel better.

Hang in there and know I love ya oodles, big mouth and all! ;)

3:11 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I'm guessing a "get over it", as my wife would tell me wouldn't help. Here's hoping that whenever you do confront this situation, the right words are placed in your mouth for them to come out the way you intend them to.

And to think that a perverted remark to Brighton's "been in that position" comment almost overruled my leaving a real comment. :D

5:08 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

April-I KNOW! It's so hard to believe that I do something like that, but yeah, I very much did.

Sam-May the right words be in my mouth and my foot, not. ;)

7:54 PM  
Blogger Traci Dolan said...

A simple heartfelt apology without excuses in person is always a good place to start.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Nanner-I just don't know where to start. Ya know?

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home