Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Open Letters

To The Online News Agencies (ie: MSN, Fox, CNN)- I will forever have Mr. Al-Zarqawi’s battered and bloody face emblazoned on my brain. Ever time I opened my internet browser the other day, up he popped. I realize that his death is newsworthy, but must we show a picture of his dead face? I finally changed my home page because I was tired of seeing that crap.

To Karl Rove-You are NOT invincible, you will be caught with your antics, not this time, but one day, my friend.

To Ben Roethlisberg-I’ve always maintained that stupid should hurt. Thanks for proving my point. How are parents suppose to get their kids to wear bike helmets when over paid assholes like yourself won’t wear a helmet to ride one of the fastest production bikes made? I realize this wasn’t your fault, some idiot turned in front of you and you weren't speeding, but still. Put a fucking helmet on next time, you aren’t made of Silly Puddy! Idiot.

To The Department of Defense-Now I know ya’ll are trying to not gloat too much about Mr. Al-Zarqawi’s death, but, please. I know you’re high-fiving each other in the corridors of the Pentagon. I have a question, if the intel was so good why didn’t you just capture him? Was it really necessary to drop bombs on a house, killing him and others in the process? Yes, he’s a crap-ass worthless sack of shit, but being happy about a death, any death, doesn’t make us better, it makes us look just as barbaric. Stop gloating already.

To Al-Zarqawi’s Successor-You know what happened to the last guy? It’ll happen to you to. You can take that to the bank. As long as Bush is in office you can’t run, you can’t hide, you will be found and suffer the same demise. You might want to re-think your career choice.

Whew! I feel better.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jammie J. said...

Huh? Someone died???

Heh.

Just kidding. I have google news as my home page, I didn't notice a corpse face popping up to say hello. Just the headline off to the side. :)

I just hate the news these days, really. It's all negative crap.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Andie-Firm believer it should hurt. Far less stupid people out there if it did.

J-Negative crap is right! I don't even watch anymore. Sad, huh?

11:42 AM  
Blogger Brighton said...

I used to be a Republican, cradle born in fact. Now I am an anti-shrub gal, I just can't stand the man anymore.
I agree with you about the dead mug shot, really too much- it does make us look barbaric.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Zelda said...

What is barbaric is that civilized people have allowed this fuck to exist for so long. Nick Berg's beheading convinced me of that a long time ago.

I don't like or dislike any politician. But I will vote for anyone who promises to whatever needs to be done to rid the planet of these monsters. Civility be damned. There is no one more civilized than a corpse. But at this point in my life, I'd prefer to have a little less civility and a little more victory.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Zelda said...

Oh, and I wrote my post (dedicated to you) before I read this last one. Sorry. :-)

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and that, my dear, is why I dont even watch the news and try to avoid the news websites. effin' CNN.com had his face on there for way too long! :(

3:50 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

B-Thanks.

Zelda-We must both be on the same wave length about posting about him. I'm totally for his being out of play, don't get me wrong. He was as worthless piece of shit, indeed. I'm just not happy about the flaunting and talking about it ad nauseum. Ok, he's dead, lets move on to the next scumbag piece of shit that needs to be gone too. I get this feeling that this is a war we aren't going to win. We just seem to be chasing our tails. We kill one and 3 more radicals pop up in his place. Why can't we all just stay in our own hemispheres and ignore each other?

April-It was EVERYWHERE. I finally moved my homepage to 2Peas. It's nice to see Tara and her husband smiling instead of a dead worthless, we are giving him way to much attention, dirtbag. :)

4:48 PM  
Blogger Zelda said...

Kristin - I would love to stay on our own hemispheres and ignore each other, but do you honestly believe that Muslim radicals are going to subscribe to that?

Bin Laden stated that one of the reasons they flew those planes into the into the WTC and the Pentagon is because there were troops stationed in the holy land of Saudi Arabia. Nevermind that they were there protecting the Kingdom and Kuwait from Saddam Hussein.

My family lived in Iran for a time. And while not everyone was radicalized, they take their religion very seriously. So seriously that they will not openly oppose even murder being committed in the name of Islam.

The way I see it, the more they have to live under brutal regimes who use Islam to control the population, radicalism will do nothing but grow (as it has) because there is nothing else.

I have many issues with Bush and how the war is being fought, but I'll never have an issue with fighting it.

And as for gloating over Zarquawi's well-deserved demise, the troops need it. Plain and simple. But they actually did move on to the next fuckers almost immediately after they took out Zarquawi - nearly 17 raids that same night and operations are continuing as we speak. We're still gloating, but we've definitely moved on.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

When I went to SF, I tried to find the local news, I like local news. Local news makes me very, very happy.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Zelda-I see where you're coming from.

J-Everything is nicer on vacation. Even the air smells better.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Traci Dolan said...

Amen, sistah!

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home