Wednesday, November 22, 2006

NSV

Over on the message boards at weightwatchers.com you'll see this little acronym used quite a lot. And I will readily admit it took me forever and a few beers to figure out what it meant. Non. Scale. Victory.

So you'll see someone post about grabbing two sizes of jeans, heading to the dressing room trying on the bigger pair first but needing and buying and smaller size, that's a non scale victory. I had 2 of those today.

First, I was at Macy's, you know, just looking around, drooling on stuff when a woman walks by me (whom I don't know) and says, "I just love what you're wearing, it goes so well together." A complete stranger gives me a compliment, out of the blue, totally random. How nice of her, she made my day and I told her thanks and have a happy thanksgiving. Little did she realize what a nice sincere compliment can do for someone. So, nice compliment lady, thank you.

The second and best? I was driving home, in my middle lane, Hayes Carll blaring on a CD when out of the corner of my eye I see a black car jet up next to me. After a few seconds I realize, that that car isn't passing me but he's got clear sailing ahead of him in the fast lane. So, what do I do? Glance over of course, to see a handsome 3o-ish man driving this very hot Mercedes coupe, 500 series no less! Again, I commenced with said drooling, not over the guy, but the car! Am I wearing my sunglasses, hell no! He caught my look and mouthed, "Hi! You're beautiful." Dude, did I just get flirted with on the freeway? Sho did. So I say, "Hi! Thank you." back with an admittedly sheepish grin and school girl giggle. To which he mouths, "Are you married?" holding up his ring finger. I say, "Yes!" and hold up mine. He frowns sadly and says he's not. Then he perks up and asks, "Happily?" I say, "Yes!" He frowns again. Then he asks, "Where are you going?" "Home.", I say and point to my exit. He waves good bye and blows me a kiss with a "Bye, beautiful." What the hell?!?! Do people not get pick up in bars anymore?

I'm sitting at a traffic light past my exit, shocked as all hell, that I just got flirted with so I pick up my cell phone and call The Husband and recount the story. He says, "Great, next you'll want new boobs and a divorce." It's a running joke around here because all of his friend's wives that got boob jobs also found new husbands after said boobs. Most of the ex-husbands are still paying on the boobs to boot!

So with that, I'll say I'm mighty grateful and blessed. I sincerely hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving and please, if you're traveling, come home safe.

13 Comments:

Blogger Zelda said...

Well, at least I don't have to worry about Zelda getting new boobs.

Happy Thanksgiving, Kristin.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Jeth-Nope, Zelda's are mighty fine. Happy Thanksgiving back!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Jammie J. said...

Now THAT is an awesome feeling. :)

Happy Thanksgiving. xoxo

1:31 PM  
Blogger Zelda said...

Happy Thanksgiving, you sexy sexy bitch. :-)

9:40 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

J-Hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving!

Zelda-That's sexy BEAST to you missy! ;)

8:34 AM  
Blogger Brighton said...

Damn, I had to pay for my own boobs! Happy Turkey Day!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

B-LMAO! You need to get a refund from someone!

10:54 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

i'm now down 30.8 .... just thought i'd report that to my mentor/sensi/weight loss goddess!!!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Allie-WOW! I'm so proud of you, but you give me way too much credit.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

I love it that you got hit on like that!! Way to go Girl!!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Jana-I was totally SHOCKED!!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

WooHoo! Congratulations. What a score on both deals. That's exciting. Good for you.

Love your blog. Found you by clicking on your comment on "Day in the Life of a Stripper". Absolutely love your recipe for "shut the fuck up juice". haha

5:49 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Kari-Welcome, hope you find my wit to your liking. ;)

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home