Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Updates, Updates and More Updates

Let me just say how happy I am that The Bachelor picked Sarah last night. So happy! This is the first time in all the seasons I've watched that I picked correctly, in fact, I loved her from the beginning and was hoping she'd be the one. Yay me! Yay Travis and Sarah!

Since tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and I have to distribute ashes tomorrow night at 7, I can't make it to Weight Watchers, so I went tonight. I'm happy to report, I lost another 1.2 lbs. I like this leader much better so I might have to talk my partner into going with me on Tuesdays instead. She was sick tonight and couldn't make it.

We haven't had a Breeder update lately, that's because it's been quite over yonder. However, Mrs. Breeder moved out, again. She's been gone for two weeks. At first I thought she was working a lot, because you know, her lazy husband doesn't have a job yet. I saw her coming the other morning the pick the kids up for school and then drop them off in the afternoon. She's definitely not living there. No matter what time of day it is, her suburban isn't there. Hmmm, wonder what's going on. Oh and their house is no longer for sale, there go my hopes of them moving out.

I'm happy to report I saw Dakota over the weekend and he survived his bike accident. He had to have a couple of stitches, but he's on the mend. We're happy about that.

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday which officially kicks off Lent. I intend to spend more time in silent prayer and less time in scrapbook stores spending money. I'm giving up all supply shopping with the exception of cardstock. Cardstock is a staple and I buy it on an as needed basis. I don't even need page protectors or adhesive!

I'm feeling better about Lori. I'm just going to let it go. You know, I let her go once and I can do it again. I'll cheerfully return her emails but that's it. I'm not getting involved with her life. She's doing fine without me and I'm doing fine without her. Why try and fix what ain't broke?

I'm still a little perplexed as to why one of my good friends thinks I'm self absorbed. Does she really think this or was it just an off the cuff, trying to be funny remark. Either way it hurt. If she knew me 15 years ago I would say, yes, I was a self absorbed bitch. Growing up an only child is difficult. Everything revolves around you, especially with parents who wanted a child do badly and couldn't for so many years. So, when you finally arrive, you hung the moon and then some. Trust me, that wears off on a kid and I'll readily admit I was probably a brat. Not an obnoxious brat, because I was shy but a brat when things didn't go my way at home. Those ways are tough to mend. It's taken a lot of personal reflection and deciding if my behavior was getting me the desired result. It wasn't, so I've slowly had to change my ways. It's been difficult, but I'm making strides. I know I'm not perfect but I sure would hope that if I died tomorrow my friends wouldn't use the words self and absorbed in my eulogy.

I'm contemplating a career change. I need something new. I have career ADHD if you didn't know. I need a new challenge. I'm going to apply for a few positions with San Antonio's largest employer. I'll keep you posted on that.

In keeping with the ADHD/OCD/anal retentive theme, I've been doing some spring cleaning. First it was the pantry. I've decided on what I'm doing in there, by the way. The walls will stay white (boo, hiss) but I'm adding a navy painted border at the top. In that border we're adding actual horse shoes and tin stars tied with red bandana. There'll be some rope entwined in there too. It'll keep with the theme of my kitchen and blend, just fine. I'm still not sure if I'm going to paint my baskets in there or not. I'm loving my pantry right now, it's so neat and organized.

This past weekend was organize and donate day of the master closet. Our closet is so huge it should have it's own zip code. We threw away and gave away tons of stuff! After a trip to The Container Store I'm happy to announce my closet is clean and organized and I can actually find things! Novel concept, I know. I actually found a skirt I forgot I had!

Whew! That's a lot of stuff. Ok, off to go label my shoe boxes, because I'm OCD like that.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you find your favorite JA earrings while cleaning out the closet?

7:39 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

C-more-Hell to the no! It's like they disappeared off the face of the earth.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Allie said...

ocd pantry organizers unite!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Brighton said...

YOu need to come down here and help me with my closet. I gave so much away that now I have the wardrobe of a homeless person!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Alliebug-SEE! I knew I wasn't the only one.

B-A shopping trip is in order, no?

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home